- 8 medium fresh shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- ¾ cup minced sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1½ tablespoons Paleo-friendly fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Thoroughly combine the ingredients but don’t overwork the meat.
Melt the coconut oil, and brush it on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Use your hands to roll out three dozen meatballs, and arrange them on the baking sheet. Each meatball should be about 1½ inches in diameter.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating the tray at the midpoint to ensure even cooking.
Plate and serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.