Here’s what I gathered to make 12 mini frittata muffins:
- 4 tablespoons fat (coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ pound of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk (the fatty stuff at the top of the can works best)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces of Prosciutto di Parma
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A regular 12 cup muffin tin
I preheated the oven to 375°F and prepped my veggies.
I heated half the coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sautéed the onions until soft and translucent.
I added the garlic and mushrooms and cooked them until the mushroom moisture had evaporated. Then, I seasoned the filling with salt and pepper and spooned it on a plate to cool to room temperature.
For the batter, I beat the eggs in a large bowl with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until well-mixed. Then, I added the sautéed the mushrooms and spinach and stirred to combine.
I brushed the remainder of the melted coconut oil onto the muffin tin and lined each cup with prosciutto, taking care to cover the bottom and sides completely.
I spooned in the frittata batter…
…and topped each muffin with some halved cherry tomatoes.
I popped the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes…
…flipping the tray at the halfway point.
I let the muffins cool in the pan for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Easy, tasty, and portable!